The Laboratory was founded for conducting fundamental and applied research projects, training of highly qualified specialists in the area of nuclear power energy, nuclear fuel cycle, safe management of radioactive waste, spent nuclear fuel, security, and counter-terrorism through collaboration with national and international research and education centers.
- Electromagnetic radiation in crystals
- Search for new sources of monochromatic radiation
- Interaction of high-intensity beams of charged particles with solid targets
- Development of modern tools for nonperturbing diagnostics of accelerated beams of charged particles
- Designing of unique equipment, instruments, methods, technologies in accordance with international standards and Russia's crucial areas of scientific research
- Reсruting and involving leading international researchers, research teams, centers for conducting joint research projects, share information and experience, and joint development projects
- Continuing development of research and technology basis of the Laboratory through scientific collaboration and information exchange
- Recruiting gifted young scientists through high-quality academic programs meeting requirements of international certificates
- High Energy Accelerator Research Laboratory KEK (Japan);
- Kure National College of Technology (Japan);
- Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY (Germany);
- John Adams Institute at Royal Holloway, University of London(UK);
- University of Ferrara (Italy);
- Institute of Applied Problems of Physics (Armenia).