The fields of professional activity include nuclear power units, nuclear materials, and technologies, modern and promising controlling systems, physical protection of nuclear materials, measuring systems nuclear material characteristics, mathematical models for theoretical and experimental studies in the field of safety of nuclear materials, and instruments and systems for protection of nuclear hazardous facilities.
It is worth mentioning, that Tomsk Polytechnic University possesses advanced facility and equipment, allowing students to practice theoretical knowledge and gain practical skills. For example, Tomsk University has more than 30 research laboratories and R&D centers, Nuclear Research Reactors, Material Measurement Center, and many others. Additionally, the area Nuclear Physics and Technology is one of the promising area, which is currently thirsty of good specialists. The following program considerably increases your chances to find a high paying job.
The program will allow the graduates to:
The following Master program provides students with and allow:
- advanced knowledge in natural sciences, mathematical and engineering knowledge in the field of nuclear physics and technology and applied physics sufficient to solve engineering problems in the field of nuclear energy technologies
- study and analyze scientific and technical information, domestic and foreign experience in the field of physics, safety and reliability of technical systems for monitoring and controlling of nuclear and radioactive materials
- conduct research activities in both industrial and laboratory condition
- conduct risk assessment in operation of nuclear facilities and units and develop methods for improving safety
The program curriculum includes the following subjects:
- Professional English
- Measuring Methods of Nuclear Materials and Ionizing Radiation Fields
- Nuclear Nonproliferation and Arms Control
- Critical Analysis of Reliability and Safety of Technical Systems, Methods of Risk Assessment and Management
- Automated Systems of Physical Protection, Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Prospects Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Nonproliferation
- Information Security in the Field of Nuclear Technology
- Methods and Procedures for Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials
Additionally, one of the crucial aspects of the education process is participation in problem-oriented research activities and implementation of promising technologies for accounting, monitoring and physical protection of nuclear materials on commission of leading national and international nuclear enterprises.