Specialization Mathematical Methods in Economics is a field, including applied mathematics and computer science and is based on modern theoretical and experimental science and computational technologies. It demands excellent knowledge of mathematics and programming.
Mathematical methods are used to analyze nonlinear systems and are the main tool of modern physics and its related branches. The program graduates will be able to work in the areas, related to theoretical physics, solid state physics, physics of accelerators and detectors, nuclear and elementary particle physics, and physics of superconductors. Along with this, the graduates will be able to conduct mathematical modeling of economic processes, especially to predict the development of individual sectors of the economy, business, prices, exchange rates, and other economic indicators. Thereby, they become flexible specialists able to work in research, educational and commercial fields.
The Division of Experimental Physics has solid teaching staff, including specialists in applied mathematics, theoretical and mathematical physics, and simulation economic situations. They are able to apply the methods of mathematical physics for analysis, forecasting, risk assessment, and exploration of various random processes. Classroom and laboratories with advanced equipment and software (DERIVE, MATLAB, MATHCAD, MATHEMATICS, STATGRAPH, KOMSOL Multiphysics, MathSoft MathCad, MatLab, Statistica, Mathematica, COMSOL Multiphysics, and etc.), multimedia hardware and software from world leaders: Microsoft, Cisco, and etc.
The division actively cooperates with international partners, among them:
- European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Hannover
- The Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Institute of Nuclear Physics
The program was designed to equip students with necessary skills, allowing them to:
- conduct system analysis and assessment of the reliability and functioning quality of a design object
- develop and calculate solutions to the problem, analyzing these options, forecasting the consequences, planning project implementation, and cost-efficiency calculation
- organize information security and safe use of software in computing systems
- conduct team management and interaction between developer and customer groups, and developers of various specialties
- develop, coordinate and release various project documentation
- conduct R&D projects, collect and analyze experimental data
- construct a mathematical model of object technology, economic situation, seeking and justify optimal solutions based on various requirements
- develop and apply mathematical methods and high-tech software for analysis, synthesis, optimization, and forecasting
- apply programming skills, proved and recognized by the Prometriс and Certiport certificates
- conduct mathematical and computer modeling in economic, medical, electronic, physical, business and other areas