Tomsk Polytechnic University has a long history of training engineers in petroleum industry and related areas. The following program has absorbed knowledge and experience of this collaboration and provides students with skills necessary for development and application of wide spectra of engineering, economic, managerial and other necessary aspects for successful and efficient construction and maintenance of deep oil and gas fields in complex geological conditions. The balanced curriculum and solid practical experience make the program graduates of one of the most demanded specialists compared to other Russian universities.
The following program was developed in the framework of a specialization – Petroleum Industry. Along with the present Master program, it includes:
- Reliability of Gas Pipelines and Storage Facilities
- Development and Operation of Oil and Gas Fields
- Machines and Equipment in Petroleum Industry
- Petroleum Engineering (the second academic year is carried out in the English language under the network collaboration with Heriot-Watt University)
The student will be able to use the university facility, including laboratories and research centers, advanced computer classes with appropriate software (Petrel, ECLIPSE, PIPESIM, Drilling Office, PanSystem, WellFlo, Ecrin, and others), 3D visualization room, databases with information about geophysical studies of wells, reservoir properties, and others.
- University of Calgary (Canada)
- University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Institute of Statistical Mechanics of Turbulence (France)
- French Institute of Petroleum
- Heriot-Watt University (UK)
The program was designed to equip students with necessary skills, allowing them to:
- develop and implement engineering, economic, social and other necessary indicators characterizing technological processes, objects, systems, and projects of petroleum companies and organizations
- develop and improve analysis methods of information on technological processes and operation of technical devices in the field of well drilling, oil and gas production, regulation of hydrocarbon extraction on land and at sea, pipeline transportation of oil and gas, underground gas storage, storage and marketing of hydrocarbons and their products.
- implement new technological processes of oil and gas production and its transportation, record and analyze the results of these processes
- apply new and improve regulated methods of operation and maintenance of equipment used in petroleum production and transportation
- a multi-criteria assessment of advantages from the implementation of technological processes, projects, related to operation of petroleum companies and organization
- assess risks, related to the implementation of new technologies, equipment and systems
|Areas of expertise and employment|
The program will allow graduates to work in petroleum industry as engineers able to organize and support development of oil and gas fields in complex geological conditions, and as designer and analysts at research centers and department.